Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blogging is good for the soul

I am really enjoying doing this blog!  My friend who's in a creative writing group thinks it's a great idea, if only for the sake of writing itself.  I always thought I'd have to be really witty and funny to be able to blog.  My Mom thinks I'm a good writer and has always encouraged me to write, but I've always felt unless I could come off like Iris Murdoch or Margaret Drabble, what's the point?

The thing that's so great about this is it's a good stress reliever.  I feel like I'm not going through it all alone now.  Even if nobody reads it, it's an outlet for my feelings about what's going on.  And perhaps it will encourage others to work on their health more NOW, before something like this happens, and not take these precious bodies for granted.

Now if I can just get up the courage to invite people to view it.  So far I've only shown it to three people (with glowing reviews from all), so maybe should just take the plunge and make it more public.

4 comments:

  1. Joy, Good for you. I will be reading your posts. As You know I have a high regard for you.The blog looks great and your writing is superb.
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, and likewise... Much love, Charles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Bruce and Charles. Charles, now I see why you do this blogging, it's addictive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, it is good to know you are finding your writing process to be healing in it's own way by relieving stress around the medical details. You, more than anyone I know, are able to face challenging situations with grace and courage so it's no surprise you are being proactive in writing about your health this way.
    Love, Richard

    ReplyDelete